Carey grew up at her family’s hunting lodge where she learned all about shooting sports. She started shooting competitive shotgun when she was 9 years old, and it quickly became her passion. At 12 years old, Carey became the youngest athlete to ever make a USA Shooting National Team. She then followed that up by becoming the youngest competitor to make a Junior World Championship Team at 13 years old. Carey feels blessed to shoot at competitions all over the world.
- 2021 ISSF World Championships: 5th Place, Junior Women's Trap
- 2019 ISSF Junior World Championships: Bronze, Junior Mixed Trap Team
- 2019 ISSF World Championships: 5th Place, Junior Women's Trap
- Three-time USA Shooting National Junior Olympic Champion in Women's Trap
- Three-time USA Shooting Shotgun National Champion in Junior Women's Trap
- Youngest competitor ever to make the USA Shooting National Team (2017)